Expatriates looking to move and build a life in the UAE must apply for a residence, employment, or business visa. The applicant must submit attested marriage, educational, birth, and commercial certificates to apply for the visa process. Expats applying for a residence visa from outside the UAE must have their certificates attested by the issuing country's Foreign Affairs Ministry before submitting them to the UAE embassy. Those applying for visa from the UAE must get their documents attested by the MoFAIC UAE.
What is MoFAIC Means in Dubai?
MoFAIC stands for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation in Dubai. The government agency is responsible for managing the country's foreign relations and diplomatic affairs, promoting the UAE's international interests and facilitating global partnerships. MOFA in Dubai also plays a vital role in attesting foreign documents to ensure their legal authenticity and validity for use in the UAE.
What is MOFA Attestation?
MOFA Attestation is a procedure to confirm the seal's authenticity, validity, and signature on certificates issued in the UAE or abroad. MOFA attestation is the final step. This process verifies the authenticity and validity of the certificates issued and legalised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the home country and the UAE embassy.
What is the Procedure for MOFA Attestation?
- Notarise the document from a notary public in your home country.
- Authenticate the document from the relevant government authorities in your country.
- Get the document attested by the embassy of the country where you intend to use it.
- Submit the document to the MOFA office in the foreign country for final attestation.
- Provide the original document, attestation from the embassy, and a copy of your passport, and pay the necessary fees for the attestation process.
- Check the specific requirements and procedures for MOFA attestation in a foreign country to ensure your documents are attested correctly and efficiently.
How can I check my MOFA Attestation online?
To check the status of your MOFA attestation online, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) in the UAE.
- Look for the website “Services “section and click "Document Authentication".
- Select the option for "Public Query of Document Authentication".
- Enter the details of your attested document, such as the document type, document number, and attestation date.
- Enter the verification code and click "Inquiry" to check the status of your MOFA attestation.
Is MOFA Attestation Mandatory in UAE?
Yes, MOFA Attestation is mandatory in the UAE if you want to use your foreign documents for legal purposes.
- MOFA Attestation is compulsory for using foreign documents in the UAE.
- MOFA Attestation for documents like degrees, marriage, and birth certificates is mandatory.
- Without MOFA Attestation, foreign documents are not considered legally authenticated in the UAE.
How Long Does It Take For MOFA Attestation?
MOFA attestation takes around 4–5 working days. We can even fast-track the process if you require the documents urgently.
Why Hire Professional Attestation Agency For MOFA Attestation?
- Benchmark Attestation have expertise and knowledge to ensure your documents are attested correctly.
- We are a professional attestation agency that can save you time and effort.
- Our team is trained to avoid mistakes and accurately certify your documents.
- We offer a convenient and hassle-free service, including pick-up and delivery of documents.
- Benchmark attestation agency is cost-effective in the long run.
Expats in the UAE who need MOFA Attestation to get employment, set up a business, or any other residence visa can contact our team by calling our UAE number at 04-3961284 or our hotline at +971-52-888-4714.