If you bring your parents under the sponsorship of travel/tourism companies, you can now do so without paying the additional security deposit (refundable) levied by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs – Dubai (GDRFA).
You do not need to submit the deposit that the GDRFA would require when you apply on behalf of your parents because the travel agency is acting as their “sponsor” for a visit visa.
The deposit is Dh1,020 for first degree relations (a person’s parent, parent or parent, sibling, brother, sister, or kid), if you are obtaining the visit visa through GDRFA. According to GDRFA regulations, the security deposit is Dh2,020 for second-degree relatives (blood relatives, which include the person’s grandparents, grandkids, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces, or half-siblings).
There is no need to pay this security deposit if you use a travel agency to sponsor your parents.
A legitimate travel service will handle all the paperwork when you bring your parents to visit. It also takes less paperwork from you because your parents are not acting as your “sponsor.” For instance, you are not required to arrange an attested employment contract, an Arabic wage certificate, the most recent DEWA bill, a lease agreement, etc.
- A copy of guarantor’s passport’s first, last and visa pages
- A copy of your Emirates ID
- A copy of each visitor’s passport’s first and last pages
- Each visitor’s passport-size photograph, taken against a white background
- Each visitor’s passport should have a minimum validity of 6 months
- If the visitor is your spouse, the same must be mentioned on your passport
- Additional cash deposit of up to Dh5,500 may be required for certain visitors (not applicable for family visas*).
- 14 day tourist visa : Dh295 per person
- 30 day single-entry visit visa : Dh305 per person
- 90 day single-entry visit visa : Dh749 per person
- 30 day multiple-entry tourist visa : Dh950
- 90 day multiple-entry tourist visa : Dh2,150
- 30 day express tourist visa : Dh450
- 90 day express tourist visa : Dh950
Once accepted, visa applications must be processed for at least 3 to 5 working days and sometimes longer.
If the visa is denied, is the visa fee refundable?
No, the visa application money is never refunded, even if the request for a visa is denied.
The passport must be valid for at least six months after the date of travel in order to qualify for a UAE tourist visa.How to sponsor a family visit visa on your own
You can submit an application for a visit visa online or through the Amer services at GDRFA.
- A single image of the sponsor against a white background
- A copy of the sponsor’s current, colored passport
- Original passport and Emirates ID of the sponsor
- IBAN of the sponsor
- Attested evidence of the applicant’s link to the sponsor
- A lease that has been attested to and has a minimum term of two months
- The most recent bill from the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority
Arabic salary certificate for personnel in the public, semi-public, and private sectors.
- Attested employment contracts for workers in the private sector.
- Visitor’s visa for one entrance for 30 days – Dh415
- A 30-day visit visa with multiple entries costs Dh 790.
- 90-day visa for long-term, single-entry travel costs Dh815
- 90-day long-term multiple-entry visitor visa: Dh1,840
Given that in this instance the individual is the sponsor for the visa, this fee is in addition to the refundable security deposit.