Is a Visa Required for Travel to Kazakhstan?
Unless you are from one of the nations exempt from visa requirements, such as the United States, all EU member states, and other so-called “migrationally secure” nations, you must have a visa to enter Kazakhstan.
Visa-Exempt Countries for Kazakhstan
Visa-free travel is permitted for up to 90 days within a 180-day period for nationals of the following nations:
Citizens of the countries that do not need a visa for up to 30 days within 180-day period:
- United Arab Emirates
- South Korea
Kazakhstan visa categories
Kazakhstan visas are available in the following categories and are issued for single or multiple entries:
- Visa for travel to Kazakhstan. issued to travelers who are doing so for leisure and/or tourism.
- Kazakhstan Enterprise visa. issued to foreign nationals going on business trips for events like conferences and meetings.
- Investor visas for Kazakhstan. a document given to foreign nationals in charge of any investment-related operations in Kazakhstan.
- Student Visa for Kazakhstan. issued to visitors from outside Kazakhstan who would participate in training or an internship there.
- Foreign nationals traveling to Kazakhstan for business, for self-employment in a lucrative field, or as seasonal employees are granted a work visa.
- Visa for family reunification in Kazakhstan. issued to foreign relatives of Kazakh nationals or those who are country’s long-term residents.
- Visa for Kazakhstani medical treatment. issued to foreign nationals seeking medical care in a medical facility in Kazakhstan.
Online Kazakhstan visa application
You can apply for a Kazakhstan visa online at the Visa-Migration Portal (here) if you are from one of the qualified nations listed below:
- Sign up for a Visa Migration Account
- Enter the invitation number that was provided to you by your sponsor. Your sponsor might be a Kazakh citizen, a tour operator, a business or organization, or a hospital. They must use the same gateway to request an invitation.
- The Kazakhstan visa application form must be finished.
- Make the visa payment. You must pay the USD 80 fee for the Kazakhstan eVisa with a credit or debit card.
- Watch for the processing of the visa application. You’ll get a confirmation email.
- Print the visa for Kazakhstan.
- Traveling? Take it with you.
Applying for a visa to Kazakhstan at a consulate
If you aren’t qualified for an online visa, you must obtain a Kazakhstan visa at a consulate or embassy. The Embassy’s visa application procedure consists of two steps:
- The Kazakhstani Ministry of Internal Affairs receives an application from your sponsor for a Letter of Invitation. A private individual, travel firm, or business or organization in Kazakhstan can serve as the sponsor. The Letter of Invitation will be issued by the MFA once.
- At the Kazakhstani Embassy or Consulate in your nation, you must apply for a visa. Here is a list of Kazakhstan’s diplomatic outposts.
Visa Requirements: Kazakhstan
The following documents must be submitted in order to apply for a visa to Kazakhstan:
- An active passport. Make sure it has at least two blank pages and that it will be good for at least an additional three months after the visa expires.
- Visa Application for Kazakhstan. The Kazakh Visa-Migration Portal’s website has a download link for the form.
- A current photograph with a white background and measurements of 3.5 x 4.5
- The Invitation’s number and date, as registered by your sponsor with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan. You should get this from your sponsor.
- Evidence that you have paid the visa fee
- Any further paperwork outlining the reason for your trip.
Duration and Cost of Kazakhstan Visa
The length of a Kazakhstan visa, which varies depending on whether it is a single-entry or multiple-entry visa:
- 30 days is the most you can remain in Kazakhstan with a single entry.
- Multiple entries: Each entry may have a maximum of 30 days within the 90-day window.
- The price of a Kazakhstan visa varies according to the visa’s category and length. The cost of a tourist visa is about USD 80.